|Introduced in version|
This tool links an object to the global coordinate system (GCS) of the assembly using the implicit coordinate system (ICS) of a selected element.
- - If a vertex is selected the coordinates of its ICS are fixed relative to the GCS.
- The object can still rotate around the vertex.
- - If a (straight) edge is selected the coordinates of its ICS and the direction of its z-axis are fixed relative to the GCS.
- The object can still rotate around the edge.
- - If a face is selected the coordinates and the orientation of its ICS are fixed relative to the GCS.
- The object is completely fixed to the GCS.
This can be used to define the fixed set in a static assembly as well as in a kinematic system.
- Place an object into an assembly.
- Select one element of the object.
- Press the button.