This tool turns the IfcBrep flag of a selected Arch object on/off (the default is always off). If the flag in on, when exported to IFC, the object will be exported as an IfcFacetedBrep object, even if a higher-level kind of export such as IfcExtrudedAreaSolid or IfcBooleanResult is possible. Although IfcFacetedBrep objects are heavier and less editable (they loose some geometry information such as the modeling history), they are often less error-prone. Setting this flag allows to solve some cases of objects that are not exported correctly when the flag is not set.
- Select an Arch object.
- Select the button, or Arch → Utilities → Toggle IfcBrepFlag from the top menu.
- Elements: Wall, Structure, Roof, Window, Door, Stairs, Space, Frame, Equipment; Pipe, Pipe Connector; Schedule
- Reinforcements: Rebar; Straight Rebar, UShape Rebar, LShape Rebar, Bent Shape Rebar, Stirrup Rebar, Helical Rebar
- Panels: Panel, Panel Cut, Panel Sheet, Nest
- Materials: Material, Multi-Material
- Organization: Site, Reference, Building, Floor, Building Part, Section Plane
- Axes: Axis, Axes system, Grid
- Utilities: Component, Clone component, Split Mesh, Mesh To Shape, Select non-solid meshes, Remove Shape, Close Holes, Merge Walls, Check, Ifc Explorer, Toggle IFC Brep flag, 3 Views from mesh, Create IFC spreadsheet, Toggle Subcomponents
- Additional: Preferences, Import-Export Preferences (IFC, DAE, OBJ, JSON, 3DS); Arch API
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Linux, Windows, MacOS, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Unmaintained workbenches: Plot, Robot, Ship
- Deprecated workbenches: Complete, Drawing