|Arch → Stairs|
|Introduced in version|
|Arch Structure, Arch Equipment|
The Arch Stairs tool allows you to build automatically several types of stairs. At the moment, only straight stairs (with or without a central landing) are supported. Stairs can be built from scratch, or from a straight line, in which case the stairs follow the line. If the line is not horizontal but has a vertical inclination, the stairs will also follow its slope.
See the Stairs entry in wikipedia for a definition of the different terms used to describe parts of stairs.
Two constructed stairs, one with a massive structure and a landing, and another one with a single stringer.
- Stairs share the common properties and behaviours of all Arch Components
- Press the button, or press , keys.
- Adjust the desired properties. Some parts of the stairs, such as the structure, might not appear immediately, if any of the properties makes it impossible, such as a structure thickness of 0.
- DANEAlign: The alignment of these stairs on their baseline, if applicable.
- DANEBase: The baseline of these stairs, if any.
- DANEHeight: The total height of these stairs, if not based on a baseline, or the baseline is horizontal.
- DANELength: The total length of these stairs if no baseline is defined.
- DANEWidth: The width of these stairs.
- DANENosing: The size of the nosing.
- DANENumber of Steps: The numbers of steps (risers) in these stairs.
- DANERiser Height: The height of the risers.
- DANETread Depth: The depth of the treads.
- DANETread Thickness: The thickness of the treads.
- DANELandings: The type of landings.
- DANEStringer Offset: The offset between the border of the stairs and the structure.
- DANEStringer Width: The width of the stringers.
- DANEStructure: The type of structure of these stairs.
- DANEStructure Thickness: The thickness of the structure.
- DANEWinders: The type of winders.
- Only straight stairs are available at the moment
- See the forum entry for circle stairs.
- See the forum announcement.
Stairs = makeStairs(baseobj=None, length=None, width=None, height=None, steps=None, name="Stairs")
- Creates a
Stairsobject from the given
baseobjis not given, it will use
steps, to build a solid object.
import Arch Stairs = Arch.makeStairs(length=5000, width=1200, height=3000, steps=14)