|Arch → Reference|
|Introduced in version|
The Reference tool allows you to place an object in the current document that copies its shape and colors from an Part-based object (including Arch BuildingPart) stored in another FreeCAD file. If that FreeCAD file changes, the reference object is marked to be reloaded.
- Press the button,
- Press the "Choose file..." button and select an existing FreeCAD file,
- Select one of the included Part-based objects from the drop-down list,
- Press OK.
- The reference object can be moved and rotated, the current position will be retained after reloading the object.
- If the original object gets moved in containing file, this movement will reflect in the reference object.
- By right-clicking a Reference object in the tree view, you have the options to reload the original object, or open the containing file.
- To reference several objects at once, place them inside an Arch BuildingPart.
- When turning off the Update Colors view property of the Reference, it won't reload the original colors anymore, so you can safely change them.
- DANEFile: The base file this component is built upon
- DANEPart: The part to use from the base file
- WIDOKUpdate Colors: If true, the colors from the linked file will be kept updated
The Reference tool can by used in macros and from the python console by using the following function:
creates a Reference object from the given object in the given file.
import Arch Arch.makeReference("/path/to/some/file.FSCtd","myPart")