|Arch → Profile|
|Introduced in version|
See the list of available presets.
The profile tool is also integrated to the Arch Structure tool, all preset profiles are also available there.
- Press the button
- Select a preset in the tool task panel
- Click a point in the 3D view to place the profile
- DatosHeight: The overall height of the profile
- DatosWidth: The overall width of the profile
- DatosDiameter: The diameter of the profile (circular profiles only)
- DatosThickness: The thickness of the tube wall (circular and rectangular hollow profiles only)
- DatosWeb Thickness: The thickness of the profile web (H and I profiles only)
- DatosFlange Thickness: The thickness of the profile flange (H and I profiles only)
Adding custom profiles
An additional CSV file can be created by the user, containing custom profile definitions. It must be named
profiles.csv, and placed in
$FREECAD_USER_DIR can be obtained from the Python console:
The contents of your custom
profiles.csv file must be modeled upon the same rules as the profiles.csv in the source code.
The CSV file must contain one line per available profile, formatted as follows:
- For C profiles: Category, Name, Class, Diameter, Thickness
- For H, U and T profiles: Category, Name, Class, Width, Height, Web thickness, Flange thickness
- For L profiles: Category, Name, Class, Width, Height, Thickness
- For R profiles: Category, Name, Class, Width, Height
- For RH profiles: Category, Name, Class, Width, Height, Thickness
All measures must be in millimeters. Possible profile classes are:
- C: Circular tube
- H: H or I profile
- R: Rectangular
- RH: Rectangular hollow
- U: U profile
- L: L profile
- T: T profile
Additional profile types can be created, but a corresponding class must first be defined in ArchProfile.py.
profile = makeProfile(profile_list)
Where profile_list contains the different elements of a list in the CSV file.
import Arch Arch.makeProfile([0, 'REC', 'REC100x100', 'R', 100, 100])
Where the first element of the list is an order number that is not used yet.