|Arch → Profile|
|Introduced in version|
See the list of available presets.
The profile tool is also integrated to the Arch Structure tool, all preset profiles are also available there.
- Press the button
- Select a preset in the tool task panel
- Click a point in the 3D view to place the profile
- DataHeight: The overall height of the profile
- DataWidth: The overall width of the profile
- DataDiameter: The diameter of the profile (circular profiles only)
- DataThickness: The thickness of the tube wall (circular and rectangular hollow profiles only)
- DataWeb Thickness: The thickness of the profile web (H and I profiles only)
- DataFlange Thickness: The thickness of the profile flange (H and I profiles only)
Adding custom profiles
An additional CSV file can be created by the user, containing custom profile definitions. It must be named profiles.csv, and placed in $FREECAD_USER_DIR/Mod/Arch. Use your FreeCAD user folder in place of $FREECAD_USER_DIR. Your FreeCAD user folder location can be obtained by typing in the FreeCAD Python console:
The contents of your custom profiles.csv file must be modeled upon the same rules as the built-in profiles.csv file:
The CSV file must contain one line per available profile, formatted as follows:
- For C profiles: Category, Name, Class, Diameter, Thickness
- For H and U profiles: Category, Name, Class, Width, Height, Web thickness, Flange thickness
- For R profiles: Category, Name, Class, Width, Height
- For RH profiles: Category, Name, Class, Width, Height, Thickness
All measures must be in millimeters. Possible profile classes are:
- C: Circular tube
- H: H- or I-profile
- R: Rectangular
- RH: Rectangular hollow
- U: U-profile
Additional profile types can be created, but a corresponding class must be created in ArchProfile.py
profile = makeProfile(profile_list)
Where profile_list contains the different elements of a list in the CSV file.
import Arch Arch.makeProfile([0,'REC','REC100x100','R',100,100])
Where the first element of the list is an order number that is not used yet.