The Collada (DAE) format is a standard file format for exchange of Mesh data. The Arch Module can import meshes from .dae files, and export Arch and other Shape-based objects to the .dae format.
Note that imported objects will be Mesh objects, and will need to be turned into Shapes or Arch objects for optimal use. The Arch Module has several tools to help you in performing that operation.
The Collada import functionality in the Arch module depends on pycollada. If it is not installed on your system, Collada import/export will be disabled.
- Elements: Wall, Structure, Roof, Window, Door, Stairs, Space, Frame, Equipment; Pipe, Pipe Connector; Schedule
- Reinforcements: Rebar; Straight Rebar, UShape Rebar, LShape Rebar, Bent Shape Rebar, Stirrup Rebar, Helical Rebar
- Panels: Panel, Panel Cut, Panel Sheet, Nest
- Materials: Material, Multi-Material
- Organization: Site, Reference, Building, Floor, Building Part, Section Plane
- Axes: Axis, Axes system, Grid
- Utilities: Component, Clone component, Split Mesh, Mesh To Shape, Select non-solid meshes, Remove Shape, Close Holes, Merge Walls, Check, Ifc Explorer, Toggle IFC Brep flag, 3 Views from mesh, Create IFC spreadsheet, Toggle Subcomponents
- Additional: Preferences, Import Export Preferences (IFC, DAE, OBJ, JSON, 3DS), IfcOpenShell, IfcPlusPlus; Arch API