|Arch → Panel Tools → Panel|
|Introduced in version|
|Arch Panel Cut, Arch Panel Sheet|
This tool allows you to build all kinds of panel-like elements, typically for panel constructions like the WikiHouse project, but also for all kinds of objects that are based on a flat profile.
The above image shows a series of panel objects, simply made from imported 2D contours from a DXF file. They can then be rotated and assembled to create structures.
Since version v0.17 and above the Arch Panel can also be used to create corrugated or trapezoidal profiles:
- Select a 2D shape (draft object, face or sketch) - optional.
- Press the button, or press then keys.
- Adjust the desired properties.
- There is currently no automatic system to produce 2D cutting sheets from panel objects, but such feature is in the plans and will be added in the future.
- Panels share the common properties and behaviours of all Arch Components.
- The thickness of a panel can be adjusted after creation.
- Press or the button to abort the current command.
- Double-clicking on the panel in the tree view after it is created allows you to enter edit mode and access and modify its additions and subtractions.
- It is possible to automatically make panels composed of more than one sheet of a material, by raising its Sheets property.
- Panels can make use of Multi-Materials. When using a multi-material, the panel will become multi-layer, using the thicknesses specified by the multi-material. Any layer with a thickness of zero will have its thickness defined automatically by the remaining space defined by the Panel's own Thickness value, after subtracting the other layers.
- DataLength: The length of the panel
- DataWidth: The width of the panel
- DataThickness: The thickness of the panel
- DataArea: The area of the panel (automatic)
- DataSheets: The number of sheets of material the panel is made of
- DataWave Length: The length of the wave for corrugated panels
- DataWave Height: The height of the wave for corrugated panels
- DataWave Type: The type of the wave for corrugated panels, curved, trapezoidal or spiked
- DataWave Direction: The orientation of the waves for corrugated panels
- DataBottom Wave: If the bottom wave of the panel is flat or not
Panel = makePanel(baseobj=None, length=0, width=0, thickness=0, placement=None, name="Panel")
- Creates a
Panelobject from the given
baseobj, which is a closed profile, and the given extrusion
- If no
baseobjis given, you can provide the numerical values for the
thicknessto create a block panel.
- If no
- If a
placementis given, it is used.
import FreeCAD, Draft, Arch Rect = Draft.makeRectangle(1000, 400) Panel = Arch.makePanel(Rect, thickness=36)