An App Part object, or formally an
App::Part, is an element that allows grouping objects in 3D space.
It was developed to be used in assemblies, as it has an Origin which serves as the positional reference for the grouped objects.
Simplified diagram of the relationships between the core objects in the program. The
App::Part class is a simple container that has a position in 3D space, and has an Origin to control the placement of the objects grouped under it.
- Press the Std Part button. An empty Part is created and automatically becomes active.
- To add objects to a Part, drag and drop them over the Part in the tree view.
- To remove objects from a Part, drag them out of the Part, and onto the document label at the top of the tree view.
See the Std Part page for the complete information, including its use in Scripting.
An App Part (
App::Part class) is derived from the basic App GeoFeature (
App::GeoFeature class), therefore it shares most of the latter's properties.
See the properties in the Std Part page.
- File: New, Open, Close, Close all, Save, Save as, Save a copy, Save all, Revert, Import, Export, Merge project, Project information, Print, Print preview, Export PDF, Recent files, Exit
- Edit: Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy, Paste, Duplicate selection, Refresh, Box selection, Box element selection, Select all, Delete, Placement, Alignment, Toggle Edit mode, Preferences
- View: Create new view, Orthographic view, Perspective view, Fullscreen, Standard views (Fit all, Fit selection, Isometric, Dimetric, Trimetric, Front, Top, Right, Rear, Bottom, Left, Rotate left, Rotate right), Freeze display (Save views, Load views, Freeze view, Clear views), Draw style (As is, Flat lines, Shaded, Wireframe, Points, Hidden line, No shading), Bounding box, Stereo (red/cyan, quad buffer, interleaved rows, interleaved columns, Stereo off, Issue camera position), Zoom (Zoom In, Zoom Out, Box zoom), Document window (Docked, Undocked, Full screen), Toggle axis cross, Clipping plane, Texture mapping, Visibility (Toggle visibility, Show selection, Hide selection, Select visible objects, Toggle all objects, Show all objects, Hide all objects, Toggle selectability, Toggle measurement, Clear measurement), Toggle navigation/edit mode, Appearance, Random color, Workbench, Toolbars (File, Workbench, Macro, View, Structure, Navigation), Panels (Report view, Tree view, Property view, Selection view, Combo view, Python console, DAG view), Tree view actions (Sync view, Sync selection, Sync placement, Pre-selection, Record selection, Single document, Multi document, Collapse/expand, Initiate dragging, Go to selection), Status bar
- Tools: Edit parameters, Save picture, Scene inspector, Dependency graph, Project utility, Measure distance, Text document, View turntable, Units calculator, Customize, Addon manager
- Macro: Macro recording, Stop macro recording, Macros, Execute macro, Debug macro, Stop debugging, Step over, Step into, Toggle breakpoint
- Windows: Next, Previous, Tile, Cascade, Arrange icons, Windows
- Help: Help, FreeCAD Website, Users documentation, Python scripting documentation, Automatic Python modules documentation, FreeCAD forum, FreeCAD FAQ, About FreeCAD, What's This
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Linux, Windows, MacOS, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Unmaintained workbenches: Plot, Robot, Ship
- Deprecated workbenches: Complete, Drawing